Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Hobby


I have not let Med School make me crazy yet. (yes, "Med School" gets capitalized as if it's a person---it's an evil being with a life of it's own--- more on this later.) Part of the reason I am not crazy, is the fact that I have found a hobby! I love my hobby. I have even roped Hubby into the hobby. He loves the hobby too (as I dangle a pocket watch in front of his face and say "you love my hobby", "you will help with my hobby every weekend", "you will drive for hours to pick up new objects for my hobby", "you will kill your back lifting these objects into the truck").

Can anything bad be said about the hobby? It is undeniable that the garage floor looks like a dalmatian from too many black paint drips. There is also the obsessive email checking to see if anyone has purchased my things (and the ensuing depression when I go an entire day without an inquiry!). In these times, Hubby has to listen as I analyze the situation--- do people really have better things to do than wait around on Craigslist for me to post my priceless pieces? Surely not.

Overall, much money has been made from the hobby. It has been good to me. Maybe "The Hobby" should get capitalized too?

No comments: